Indoor Shooting Range Don’t go just anywhere to shoot your firearms.
Lafayette's Premium Firing Range 25 Yard Firing Range
Don’t go just anywhere to shoot your firearms. Take advantage of one of the best shooting ranges in the Tippecanoe County and Lafayette, Indiana area.
The Applied Ballistics shooting range spans 25 yards across, spreading fifteen shooting lanes across three bays. The two pistol bays with ten shooting lanes are restricted solely to handguns with a 2,000 fps while the rifle bay with five shooting lanes has a 3,000 fps. Every lane is fitted with contemporary bullet traps and are individually lighted, utilizing electronic target carrier systems.
Because safety is our primary concern, our facility has a two-stage HEPA air filtration system specifically engineered to meet and exceed OSHA standards for clean breathing.
Save with a membership:
If you’re looking to book us into your busy day, some levels of membership lanes to be reserved. Non-members are served on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis. Please call for more information about lane reservations.
Reserve Your Lane Today!
Rules Please Follow Our Safety Rules
It is the responsibility of all shooters to understand all Range Rules at Applied Ballistics. Please take some time to read through the Rules before shooting.
For safety reasons, Applied Ballistics has a strict age restriction policy.
- must be 18 years of age or older to rent a shooting lane.
- must be 18 years of age or older to rent a rifle.
- must be 21 years of age or older to rent a handgun
- must be 18 years of age or older to shoot, and 21 years or older to rent, a machine gun
- under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- *must be 10 years of age or older to shoot at our facility or enter our shooting bay.
*Exceptions for sanctioned youth events and classes.
- A range orientation is mandatory for all first time shooters. Once completed, an “Orientation Competed” card will be issued. This card must be shown each time you shoot.
- All shooters and guests must sign a log containing a liability waiver and statement that they have read and agree to abide by the Range Rules.
- No eating or drinking of any kind in the range area.
- This is a Tobacco-Free facility. No use of any tobacco product in any form in the facility.
- No more than 3 persons assigned to one firing lane, with only one on the firing line at a time.
- When all firing is complete, please remove all target materials before leaving.
- All Federal, State and NFA rules apply. This includes the rule that disallows any convicted Felon from handling, renting and shooting on the premises.
- No one under 18 years of age is allowed in the range unless accompanied by an adult.
- Anyone under 18 years of age is to be directly supervised at all times by their accompanying adult.
- To use a long gun on the range, shotoers must be 18 years of age or older, or under the direct supervision of a person over that age.
- To use a handgun on the range, you must be 21 years of age or older, 18 years of age or older with a valid Indiana License to Carry Handgun, or under the direct supervision of a person over that age.
- No one under the age of 10 is permitted to shoot or attend as a guest in the range.
- There will be no refunds of any kind for parties expelled from the range for rules violations.
- All novice shooters or shooters who are unfamiliar with your firearm are responsible to inform Range Staff before entering the range. Range Staff.
- Absolutely NO ONE is permitted forward of the firing line at any time, under any circumstances. If you drop a piece of personal equipment forward of the firing line, notify range control and a cease fire will be called.
- If a malfunction occurs, such as a jam that can’t be cleared safely, or are unsure of the safety condition of your firearm, you MUST leave it in the stall, pointed downrange, and ask for help from range control. DO NOT BRING A LOADED, JAMMED, OR MALFUNCTIONING FIREARM AWAY FROM THE FIRING LINE.
- If you suspect you have experienced a non-normal round, such as a light powder load, squib, defective cartridge, etc, you must safely check the bore for obstructions before firing another round. If you do not know for sure, or need assistance, leave the firearm in the stall with action open, pointing downrange, and check with Range Control.
- No personal cleaning of firearms allowed on the premises.
- Use of Empty Chamber Indicators (ECIs) is required. All firearms will have ECIs inserted into the chamber as soon as they are removed from a case or a holster, unless they are on the firing line.
- Range Staff has the right to inspect all firearms and ammunition for suitability for the range. Any firearm found to be unsafe or non-serviceable will not be allowed on the range.
- Eye and Ear protection required at all times inside the range. Both are available for purchase or rent.
- You will immediately obey all Range Staff commands.
- When a “CEASE FIRE” is called, immediately stop shooting, remove all magazines, open all actions, insert empty chamber indicators (ECI), and place all firearms on the table in your stall.
- If you observe an unsafe act, please report it to range control immediately. Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Please be courteous to other members while on the range.
- You are permitted to collect your own spent brass that is behind the firing line only. Other people’s spent brass, and your spent brass that goes forward of the firing line become the property of Applied Ballistics.
- All firearms must be pointed down range at all times.
- No firing from any position other than from within the confines of the shooting stalls.
- No loaded firearms anywhere but in the shooting stalls. You must only load your firearms while in the stalls.
- When in the shooting stall, do not turn around, unless you first unload your firearm and insert empty chamber indicator.
- Shooters are never to leave a loaded firearm unattended except in the case of a malfunction, to notify range control.
- Law Enforcement, Applied Ballistics personnel, and persons with a valid Indiana License to Carry Handgun may carry a loaded firearm secured in a holster, but it must not be un-holstered unless you are on the firing line. All others may not carry a loaded firearm into or out of the building.
- All firearms brought onto the premises must be cased or holstered.
- No one is allowed on the premises under the influence of alcohol, any controlled substance, or a substance that impairs their ability to conform to safety rules. We abide by a no tolerance rule. If it is suspected shooters are under the influence, they will be removed from the facility immediately and may forfeit future privilege to visit the range.
- No “hip-shooting”, “quick draw”, “bump” firing, or any other sort of trick shooting or horseplay will be permitted at any time. Any behavior deemed unsafe by management will not be tolerated. Management reserves the right to refuse shooting privileges to anyone whose behavior or disregard for safety might present a hazard to others. If you are observed performing an unsafe act by Applied Ballistics Staff, either in person or on the video security system, you will be asked to leave, and may forfeit your future privilege to visit our range.
- All range activity is monitored and recorded by video surveillance.
- SHOOTERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO THE APPLIED BALLISTICS RANGE AND EQUIPMENT.
- All ammunition is subject to inspection and approval.
- NO RIFLE ammunition is allowed for use unless purchased from Applied Ballistics, or approved by Applied Ballistics before entering the range.
- Handgun Cartridges with muzzle velocities of 2000 FPS or less are allowed on all ranges (.22, .357, .44, etc.)
- Center fire Rifle cartridges with muzzle velocities of 3000 FPS or less are allowed only on Shooting Lanes 1 thru 5 (223, 308, 7.62×39, etc.)
- No steel core, steel jacket, steel case, armor piercing, tracer or incendiary ammunition is allowed. If a magnet is attracted, the rounds are not allowed.
- All Ammunition will be inspected before entrance to the range.
- No shotguns or black powder firearms are allowed.
- ANY USE OF UNAPPROVED AMMUNITION, OR FIRING OF RIFLES ON PISTOL LANES WILL RESULT IN DAMAGE FEES PAYABLE BY THE SHOOTER
- Only paper targets suitable for use on Applied Ballistics target hangers may be used. Targets are available for purchase if shooters choose.
- Do not fire on any targets but your own. Firing across lanes creates an unsafe angle of deflection of projectiles and will damage range equipment, resulting in a damage charge.
- Females who are pregnant, or suspect they may be pregnant, are encouraged not to use the range due to the possible adverse affects of airborne lead on unborn infants.
Note: Range closes 30 minutes prior to store closing time.
Handgun (30 min): $10.00
Rifle (30 min): $15.00
Additional shooter per lane: $5.00
*Shooters are welcome to use own ammo when shooting own firearm.
*Applied Ballistics reserves the right to inspect ammo to prevent damage to our facilities.
Standard Handgun (30 min): $10.00/Rental
Premium Handgun (30 min): $15.00/Rental
Standard Rifle (30 min): $15.00/Rental
Premium Rifle (30 min): $20.00/Rental
Machine Gun Rental-Pistol Caliber (30 min) $30.00/Rental (Strict rules apply)
*Must purchase and shoot our ammunition when using an Applied Ballistics owned rental firearm.
Unlimited Free Range Time
Additional, non-member shooter joining member’s lane: $5.00
For information on Memberships, click here.